The way we dress is a reflection of our view of ourselves and the world around us. The way we dress will also have an impact on how we behave and may affect those around us. In Romans 12:1-2 we are instructed “…to make a decisive dedication of your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and well-pleasing to God which is your reasonable service…not conformed to this world, (fashioned after and adapted to its external superficial customs), but be transformed by the renewal of your mind…”
Christians should not conform themselves in the area of fashion to the world’s views, but renew their minds to God’s standards for dress. Christians should be less influenced by worldly fashion trends and should dress differently from the ways of the world. Modesty and neatness are the two main guidelines given to us at Living Stones to govern our dress code. Both have their roots in God’s Word and reflect godly standards of dress. The dress code represents an attempt to assist you as the parent in raising children who have a heart to follow God.
• LSCS spirit shirts (issued by the school) are to be worn Monday-Friday.
• A turtleneck or mock turtleneck in any solid color may be worn underneath the LSCS spirit shirt.
Pants and Shorts
• Color and Material – Khaki or Blue Denim. (no corduroy or stretch fabric)
• Size – No oversized items. Baggy, saggy garments will not be acceptable. Pants or shorts must be worn at the waist. Tight-fitting slacks or shorts are not acceptable.
• Hems – May not be frayed or cut.
• Length – Shorts must be longer than the tip of the longest finger when the arms, hands, and fingers are extended.
• Shoes should be comfortable for walking or general exercise. Flip-flops, thongs and sports sandals are not allowed.
Jackets and Sweaters
(All jackets and sweatshirts need to be sized appropriately.)
• Cold weather coats or jackets for outside: In cold weather, any jacket or coat may be worn to school. Coats must be removed once the students are in the building.
• Sweaters or jackets for inside: If a child is cold inside the building, the following may be worn:
o LSCS letter jackets (provided by or purchased from LSCS)
o Spirit Jackets (provided by or purchased from LSCS)
o Sweatshirts (provided by or purchased from LSCS)
o Uniform sweaters (navy only)
Hair and Grooming
1. Students’ hair shall be clean, neatly groomed and be above the eyebrows and collar.
2. Extreme hairstyles, cut, or color, and/or make-up are not permitted. Anything that creates a distraction in the classroom is clearly unacceptable.
3. Beards and mustaches are not acceptable. Sideburns that extend below the bottom of the ear are not allowed. Faces must be clean-shaven.
4. Hats, caps, or bandanas may not be worn in any part of the building at any time.
• Hats, bandanas and sunglasses are not to be worn in school and should not be brought on campus.
• Earrings for female students are limited to two earrings per ear. Multiple earrings or body piercing jewelry in other areas are unacceptable. Male students are not permitted to wear earrings.
• Tattoos are unacceptable.