The educational mission of Living Stones Christian School is based upon a God-centered view of the Truth and man as presented in the Bible. Since God created and sustains all things through His Son, Jesus Christ, the universe and all life are dynamically related to God and have the purpose of glorifying Him.
Our entire process of education is viewed as a means used by the Holy Spirit to bring students into fellowship with God, to help them become strong and mighty in the Spirit, and to assist each in developing a sound Christian mind.
The student relates to God as a whole person: spiritually, mentally, physically and socially. He/she is taught to see all truth as God’s truth and to integrate it with and interpret it by God’s Word. Each student is educated as an individual with his/her own unique abilities and personality, who can learn to live and work with others at home, in the church, or in a changing secular society.
Authority for such an education comes from both God’s command that children be taught to love God by placing Him first in their lives and from the knowledge that parents are responsible for the total education and training of their children. At the parent’s request, the Christian school becomes a partner in providing this education.
The programs and activities of Living Stones Christian School are based upon the following beliefs:
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(I John 5: 4-6)
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ through His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. (I Corinthians 15:3, I Peter 2:21-24, and John 3:16)
• We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (Romans 3:21-30, Galatians 4:7)
• We believe that the full consummation of the baptism of believers in the Holy Ghost is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, and by the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service. (Acts 2:4, acts 10:44-46, Acts 19:2 & 6, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:42-43, Matthew 3:11)
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost - they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:24, 28, 29)
• We believe that deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement and is the privilege of all believers. (Isaiah 53:4, Matthew 8:16, John 5:14, I Peter 2:24)
• We believe in the imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 4:18, Revelation 21:20)